Thursday, September 27, 2012

My Garden Remains Quiet But For One Charming Friend




The birds have gone for a little while now−whether South or Southwest, or wherever, because Fall is here and leaves fall freely.

One little charmer has remained−the Black-Capped Chickadee. Whenever I go outside, he chatters away. I remember when we used to walk in the woods and the Chickadees followed us on the bushes, hopping along, chattering away.

It seems not so long ago when three young Robins vied for the last of the chokecherries on the tree outside my den window. I managed a poor photo of the youngest, without his red breast yet, because he was intrigued by why I was staring at him. The other two, with red breasts, were more wary of me.

They have all gone, but for the Chickadees, and a few others of the winter birds that remain. They will come around when  the feeders are filled. Soon I will put out the small feeder for the little ones−my friends, the Chickadees and some Sparrows, who do not go far. The big feeder will be filled when I can get a friend to set it up. It needed a thorough cleaning. It is early days yet, but I hear birds occasionally in the high trees. It is strangely quiet, however, except for the Blue Jays..

How charming the little ones are, but I am pleased to know they will be near right through Fall and Winter.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: