Tuesday, April 5, 2011

WE ALL REST IN HOPE

Most folk I speak with are hopeful Spring is on its way.

I am unsure what my BIRDS think about all of the NOISE and SEWER WORK going on around here. No doubt THEY feed in the early morning hours when all is quiet and still. I am not up then. I saw a few BIRDS on the weekend when the machines were still and silent. I then had the large feeder re-stocked. When it is nearly empty, a pair of DOVES come, sit, and set up a watch. Hopeful?

I damaged my car by the heavy ruts and large gravel on and around my road as the men worked, AND, they knocked down one of my lovely pine trees. Sigh! I am hopeful the men will soon be finished and gone, and Spring truly on its way. I will be glad when the DYNAMITE blasts are gone as well. After this, the pipes must be laid, the road must be covered....

Spring popped its head out a month ago, then retreated into Rain, Sleet, and more Snow. BUDS are coming out, and BULBS poke their heads up from the ground, but THEY all seem frozen in time. That must be my imagination--or is it hope that things will grow soon.

With such goings on, the GEESE are noticeably absent. They are here, but are playing least in sight. I am in a fly zone. On sunny days I see THEM flying to and from the fields and The River. Surely THEY would hope for quiet days and sunny weather.

Today a TITMOUSE came to my window--in fact, flew against it, as did another. It was unusual, so I got up and watched. The TITMOUSE landed on a branch near the window, and I saw the crest.

Now, there is a Hopeful sigh of Spring!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: